Penang is never short of things to do. As night falls and office workers head home after a busy day, Penang readies itself for its evening crowd by transforming into a whole new streetscape for eating and entertainment.
Colourful neon signs spring into life, pop-up street vendors magically appear on side streets, night time “kopitiams” or food courts – eerily quiet during daylight hours – burst into action with street vendors selling a wide variety of local cuisines and no shortage of diners perusing the food stalls for their favourite, local specialities.
Sampling the best nightlife in Penang is knowing where to eat, shop and unwind. Let Penang Insights take you on a tour of some of the highlights.
- Experience Penang nightlife at random
- Sample local fare at one of Penang famous foodcourt
- Shop for souvenirs and knick-knacks at night market
- Pick up and drop off at hotels in Batu Ferringhi, Tanjung Bungah, Tanjung Tokong and George Town
- Fluent English speaking local host
- Private air-conditioned car, includes fuel and parking
- Complimentary bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal expenses
What to bring:
- Umbrella if it is raining
- Wear good walking shoes and light clothing
- Camera if you want to take photos
- Booking confirmation
- Photo ID (eg drivers licence)
- Some cash (approx $200 ringgit) for food and drinks, and if you wish to make any other purchase as most vendors and shopkeepers only accept cash
Price (one guest): MYR $200
Price (two guests): MYR $150 per person
Duration: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm